A Brief History
Three.co.uk is the mobile provider that has served its service in the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland for the past seventeen years. The company was founded in March 2003 and headquarters in the UK precisely in Maidenhead, Berkshire. Three is reputed for its large network which can support WiFi/4G. With a fairly price and many benefits, Three is considered to be the leading mobile carrier there.
Among the advantages of using Three are the 5G at a lower price and the WiFi/4G calling on all plans. With the fierce competition between the mobile network operators in the UK, they offer the best deals and great services. Since Three.co.uk has built a good reputation to offer more additional advantages to its customers, is it the best mobile carrier?
Features of Three.co.uk
- 4G+ network will boost speeds on average 33% and has launched in many cities in the UK. The company has not stopped there as it has continued to enhance its product and offers 4G speeds which are more 150% quicker than the current speeds.
- Three is the first mobile operator that launched a VoLTE service. Voice over LTE or VoLTE or 4G Super-Voice allows the users to make and receive calls over 4G. They are able to continue making calls in areas where no 3G signal is available. Besides, the quality of the calls is improved with VoLTE.
- Another feature that makes Three renowned is the WiFi Calling. This permits the customers to call and send text in a completely transparent way through Wi-Fi. Even if you are in an area with no signal, you will continue to make calls or send texts.
- The next that is worth mentioning is “Hands Free”. With this feature, the customers don’t need to experience problems and hassle when they carry their cabin bag at the airport. By using Hands Free, you just drop your cabin bag at easyJet Plus Bag Drop and it will do all your tasks. Your bag will be among the firsts to quit the airport. Additionally, the customers will be able to board the plane quicker and get a tote bag freely.
- Since August 2019, 5G service has been released and currently, this network is only accessible for limited locations; however, Three is planning to make this 5G service available in the major places in the United Kingdom soon. This platform for innovations does not only improve the mobile broadband services but it will also extend mobile networks to support different services and devices.
- Payforit is a mobile gambling payment method that allows users to play slots and real money casino games online. With this option, gamblers can top up the account via phone bill and try mobile online gambling with Payforit slots sites available for adults in the United Kingdom. Payforit can be used for making charitable donations as well. This leading payment solution can be used on prepaid and postpaid phones and the charges are deducted from the prepaid balance or phone bill. Payforit is not a company but just a way of paying for products or services via phone bill.
More Details about Payforit Feature
Owned by the great network providers, Payforit does not permit you to share your bank account information. Today, this payment service has expanded worldwide and is considered to be the biggest option in the UK. The fact that Payforit provides a simple, safe, and quick transaction makes it effective for all users. To use Payforit, check first the terms and conditions of Payforit show on the screen.
Then, just use your mobile phone number and enter the message sent by Payforit to confirm your payment. The mobile providers limit the payments to £30 per day which is advantageous for some but a real disappointment for others.
Since Three has been awarded with several awards, you are ensured that you will benefit from the various perks offered by this mobile operator. The recent rewards won by Three include “Best Network for Roaming” in 2018, the “Most Popular Mobile Network” in 2018, “Best Network for Roaming” in 2017, and many others.
Nevertheless, despite Three 4G cover is well-known to excellent, the operator is notorious to offer less impressive speeds compared to some mobile providers. All in all, mobile provider Three provides innovative features as well as the best services to every customer.
Question for students (and subscribers): What mobile carrier do you use? Please let us know in the comments section below this article.
Your readership is much appreciated!
For more information, please see…
Agar, Jon. Constant Touch: A Global History of the Mobile Phone. Icon Books, 2013.
Klemens, Guy. The Cellphone: The History and Technology of the Gadget That Changed the World. McFarland & Company, 2010.
The featured image in this article, a photograph by Isto2 of a Three UK Store in Royal Tunbridge Wells, England, is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International license.