A Brief History On October 29, 1886, the first recorded use of ticker-tape was noted during the parade for the dedication of the Statue of Liberty. Digging Deeper As a native of Northeast Ohio for my entire life (24 years and counting), to my knowledge the closest thing to a major celebration that the city has had in the past ten years was probably when the Cleveland Cavaliers defeated the Detroit Pistons in the NBA Eastern Conference Finals in 2007. Reams of flashy confetti rained down upon screaming fans in Quicken Loans Arena as the Cleveland Cavaliers were crowned champions…
- Debut of the Southern Anthem, “Dixie” (in New York City!)
- What Was the First Portable Computer?
- Rory Brown, Lydian Founder, Shares the Advantages and Disadvantages of Buying Gold Coins
- The Last Empress in the World (A Real African Game of Thrones)
- More Stupid Fish Names (This Time Real!)
- Corona Jerks!
- The King that Killed Braveheart
- Top 6 Guns to Have for the Pandemic Apocalypse