A Brief History
Leon Russel was born on April 2, 1942 as Claude Russel Bridges. He is but one of a number of rock and rollers to have changed their names! This article celebrates thirteen great performances in rock and roll history by stars who changed their names!
13. Gene Simmons (born Chaim Witz)
12. Freddy Mercury (born Farrokh Bulsara)
11. Cher (born Cherilyn Sarkisian)
10. Leon Russel (born Claude Russel Bridges)
9. Ringo Starr (born Richard Starkey)
8. Madonna (born Madonna Louise Ciccone)
7. Conway Twitty (born Harold Lloyd Jenkins)
6. Alice Cooper (born Vincent Damon Furnier)
5. Marilyn Manson (born Brian Hugh Warner)
4. David Bowie (born David Robert Jones)
3. Lady Gaga (born Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta)
2. Lana Del Rey (born Elizabeth Woolridge Grant, aka Lizzy Grant, Lana Ry Del Mar, May Jailer, and of course, Sparkle Jump Rope Queen)
1. Chubby Checker (born Ernest Evans)
Question for students (and subscribers): Would you ever change your name? Please let us know in the comments section below this article.
Your readership is much appreciated!
For more information, please see…