A Brief History On August 10, 1948, the American public first heard an unseen television announcer say, “Smile, you’re on Candid Camera!” In the infancy of public broadcasting, Candid Microphone, a popular radio show, was adapted for television by creator and producer Allen Funt. Digging Deeper With over 1,000 episodes in 38 full or partial seasons, Candid Camera proved very popular. Hosts included Funt, himself, Arthur Godfrey, Durwood Kirby, Dom DeLuise, Suzanne Somers and former beauty queens Phyllis George and Bess Myerson among others. The idea was to have unsuspecting people spied on by a hidden camera while they were being subjected to pranks. These…
- Top 6 Guns to Have for the Pandemic Apocalypse
- What is An Act of God?
- Operation Starvation, Anti-Civilian Tactic of WWII
- Today is National Spinach Day!
- 10 More Weapons that Never (or Barely) Went into Service
- King Richard the Lionheart, Mortally Wounded by Crossbow
- Operation Carwash, Political Scandal Engulfs South America
- America’s Bizarre, Inconsistent Relationship with Native Americans