A Brief History
On January 2, 2022, the Omicron variant of the Covid virus was on the rise, but that was minor news compared to the top stories of 2022, some of which include:
- Russia invaded Ukraine.
- Inflation ran rampant and gasoline reached an average of $5 per gallon.
- Queen Elizabeth II died and Charles III took the throne.
- The Cleveland Browns dumped Baker Mayfield and signed Deshaun Watson to a record contract.
- Elon Musk bought Twitter for $44 billion.
- The ongoing investigations of Donald Trump resulted in his company being found guilty of fraud and his tax returns being released.
- The US Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade.
- The world population passed 8 billion people.
- Boris Johnson resigned as the UK Prime Minister.
- Johnny Depp won a sordid court case over Amber Heard.
Question for students (and subscribers): What do you believe is the biggest story of 2022? Please let us know in the comments section below this article.
If you liked this article and would like to receive notification of new articles, please feel welcome to subscribe to History and Headlines by liking us on Facebook and becoming one of our patrons!
Your readership is much appreciated!
For more information, please see…
Andrews, Becca. No Choice: The Destruction of Roe v. Wade and the Fight to Protect a Fundamental American Right. Public Affairs, 2022.
Parker, Jimmy. Russia finally invades Ukraine in 2022:could this be world war III?: a brief analysis of the ongoing Russia VS Ukraine crisis. Kindle, 2022.
The featured image in this article, a map by Viewsridge of the War in Ukraine (2022), is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International license.
You can also watch video versions of this article on YouTube.