A Brief History On October 21, 1944, Japan began their notorious kamikaze attacks during the Battle of Leyte Gulf, first striking HMAS Australia. Digging Deeper By 1944, World War II in the Pacific Theater had been raging for several years. While the European War is traditionally dated to have begun in 1939, the Pacific Theater arguably began two years earlier with Japan’s invasion of China. Thus, Japan had been fighting against myriad enemies for nearly seven years by the autumn of 1944. During those seven years, Japan had rapidly established an impressive colonial empire that at its height seemed to…
- 11 Interesting Facts About RVs, RVing and RVers
- Strange Facts About the Deadliest Weapons in World War 2
- How Would People Live Today If They Did Not Invent Electricity?
- History Repeats Itself, Mass Deportations are Nothing New! (Bisbee Deportation)
- Homework Tips for Students or the Best Source to Find Help
- July 11, 2019: Today is Free Slurpee Day at 7-Eleven!
- Convoluted Heritage of Humans Goes Back to Africa
- July 9, 1962: US Nukes Outer Space!