A Brief History On May 30, 1914, the British ocean liner RMS Aquitania made her maiden voyage. Larger than the Titanic, this giant was known as “Ship Beautiful” for self-descriptive reasons. Serving in both World Wars, she was the last of the great 4-funnel (smokestack) liners and was the longest serving liner in history until surpassed by the Queen Elizabeth II. Obviously famous in her day, the Aquitania is not well remembered, unlike the other 10 ships we list here whose fame has stood the test of time. What other ships do you think belong here? (Real ships only please, fictional…
- July 18, 1290: King Edward I of England Expels All Jews
- 11 Interesting Facts About RVs, RVing and RVers
- Strange Facts About the Deadliest Weapons in World War 2
- How Would People Live Today If They Did Not Invent Electricity?
- History Repeats Itself, Mass Deportations are Nothing New! (Bisbee Deportation)
- Homework Tips for Students or the Best Source to Find Help
- July 11, 2019: Today is Free Slurpee Day at 7-Eleven!
- Convoluted Heritage of Humans Goes Back to Africa