A Brief History On March 21, 1871, New York Herald journalist Henry Morton Stanley set off on his famous African expedition to find missionary and explorer David Livingstone who had not been heard from in years. When the pair finally met, Stanley uttered his famous quote, “Dr. Livingstone, I presume?” Digging Deeper Livingstone was a Scotsman of humble origins. His thirst for knowledge led him to study medicine and religion as well as the natural sciences. He became a missionary and explorer, going to places largely unknown to Europeans such as Africa and “discovering” and “naming” the Victoria Falls there. Although lauded for his…
- 10 World Leaders that Committed Suicide
- Help Your Child to Be a Better Writer
- April 24, 2013: Chinese Authorities Try to Crush Ethnic Dissent
- Professional Summary on a Resume
- What the Heck is Dyngus Day?
- Everything You Need to Know About F1 Betting in 2019
- Is Timbuktu a Real Place?
- April 19, 2019: The Curse of La Llorona Movie Review (Creepy and Funny at the Same Time)