A Brief History On July 21, 1904, Frenchman Louis Rigolly became the first person to speed past the 100 mph “barrier” when he accomplished the feat in his Gobron-Brillie race car at Ostende in Belgium. Digging Deeper Although the car would seem clunky and slow by our standards, the 13.5 liter beast of an engine (over-bored to 15 liters!) had 2 pistons per cylinder, each opposing each other from opposite directions. The engine probably produced a mere 25-50 horsepower despite its size. (I could not find the exact horsepower rating, but earlier engines had less than this and later Gobron-Brillie…
- Is Timbuktu a Real Place?
- April 19, 2019: The Curse of La Llorona Movie Review (Creepy and Funny at the Same Time)
- April 30, 2019: Your Chance to Preview The Intruder
- Where Can Students Travel – The 11 Best Places
- April 17, 2019: Today is National Cheese Ball Day!
- April 17, 1970: A Happy Ending for Apollo 13
- April 16, 1990: The Origins of Dr. Death (Assisted Suicide)
- April 15, 2019: Breaking News, Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris Burning Down!