A Brief History On this date, February 29, 1992, American Idol Season 13 finalist Majesty Rose was born. She is one of many great African-American female singers! Digging Deeper Hailing from Goldsboro, North Carolina, Rose auditioned in Atlanta, where she sang Coldplay’s “Violet Hill”. Prior to auditioning, she was a pre-school teacher and she graduated in Eastern Wayne High School on 2011. In Hollywood, she performed “1234” and “Stars”. She was ultimately eliminated on March 27, 2014, and came in ninth place. Of course, she is but one example of the many great African-American female singers in history. Three African-American women rank…
- January 18, 1884: William Price, Welsh Nationalist, Chartist, and Druid!
- January 17, 1917: US Buys Virgin Islands from Denmark
- January 16, 27 BC: Who Was the First Roman Emperor?
- 10 Rock Stars that Died from Drug Use
- 10 Famous or Infamous Withdrawals or Retreats
- January 13, 2012: Cruise Ship Costa Concordia Wrecks off Isola del Giglio, 32 Die
- January 4, 2019: Escape Room, Movie Review
- Sports Riots Go Back Farther than You Think! (5 Famous Sports Riots)