A Brief History On December 4, 1872, in the Atlantic Ocean west of the Iberian peninsula, the American brigantine Mary Celeste was found by the British brigantine Dei Gratia sailing east without its crew toward the Mediterranean. Digging Deeper Digging deeper, we find this most famous case of an unexplained derelict vessel to have started when the ship first known as the Amazon was launched in 1861 from Nova Scotia. 107 feet long, 16 feet wide and displacing about 282 tons, the Mary Celeste (as it was renamed by its new American owners in 1869 after her purchase in 1867)…
- 11 Interesting Facts About RVs, RVing and RVers
- Strange Facts About the Deadliest Weapons in World War 2
- How Would People Live Today If They Did Not Invent Electricity?
- History Repeats Itself, Mass Deportations are Nothing New! (Bisbee Deportation)
- Homework Tips for Students or the Best Source to Find Help
- July 11, 2019: Today is Free Slurpee Day at 7-Eleven!
- Convoluted Heritage of Humans Goes Back to Africa
- July 9, 1962: US Nukes Outer Space!