A Brief History On this day, September 23, 1968, a man eventually canonized as a saint passed away…after having apparently endured the stigmata for several years! Digging Deeper Saint Pio of Pietrelcina (May 25, 1887 – September 23, 1968), a Catholic priest from Italy, was canonized as a saint by Pope John Paul II the Great in 2002, but his saintly life began over a century earlier… Saint Pio claimed that he began his devotion to God from the young age of just five! His mother claimed that the young Pio could see and speak with both Jesus and the Virgin…
Monday, May 29
- This Day in History on May 29th
- History Short: The Most Useful Invention of All-Time?
- Animated Map of the 2022 Russian Invasion of Ukraine (through May 28th, 2023)
- This Day in History on May 28th
- History Short: First Asian Driver to Win Indianapolis 500!
- This Day in History on May 27th
- History Short: Who are the Chechens?
- This Day in History on May 26th