A Brief History On October 6, 1945, Billy Sianis and his pet billy goat were ejected from Chicago’s Wrigley Field during Game 4 of the 1945 World Series thereby (allegedly) cursing the Chicago Cubs for at least the next sixty years! Thus, one of the greatest of sports curses was born. Digging Deeper First off, while those in Chicago are probably more apt to be familiar with this story than our many followers from outside of Chicago, please dear non-Chicagoans rest assured that we are not making up this entry in our daily reporting on cracked events in world history!…
- February 3, 2023: Some Questions on this Week’s News
- This Day in History on February 3rd
- History Short: The Most Important Naval Battle You Never Heard Of
- This Day in History on February 2nd
- History Short: What Else is February 2nd Known For?
- Triumphs and Tragedies of the Space Shuttle Program: A Compilation
- This Day in History on February 1st
- History Short: Who is America’s Greatest Male Actor?