A Brief History On August 7, 1909, Alice Huyler Ramsey and 3 other women completed a 59-day road trip from New York to San Francisco, the first women to drive across the continent in a car. Other women have also been famous or notorious for what they did in or on cars; some may have already been famous and others achieved fame because of their association with a car. Here we list 10 such women. (Dishonorable Mention to Britney Spears for not knowing how to get in or out of a car and to Lindsay Lohan for not knowing how to drive.)…
- This Day in History on November 29th
- History Short: How to Protect Your Packages!
- This Day in History on November 28th
- History Short: What is a Pulsar?
- This Day in History on November 27th
- History Short: Assassination Meets the Space Age
- This Day in History on November 26th
- History Short: Don’t Bogart that Popcorn!