A Brief History On January 10, 1776, the pamphlet Common Sense by American patriot Thomas Paine was published. This persuasive document was widely read by Americans, encouraged to declare independence from an overbearing British colonial government. Some books, pamphlets, manifestos, essays, and other written documents over the years have helped mold History. Today we list 12 of those important works. What other writings would you add to the list? Digging Deeper 1. Common Sense, Thomas Paine, 1776. Paine was a radical with little patience of tolerance of those that disagreed with him, and his forceful writings helped convince Americans to…
- January 19, 2018: Should Americans Celebrate Confederate Holidays?
- January 18, 2017: Den of Thieves, Movie Review (Heist Movie Supreme!)
- January 18, 2018: Today is National Winnie-the-Pooh Day!
- January 17, 1941: The War Within a War (Franco-Thai War, 1940-1941)
- January 16, 2001: When the Medal of Honor is Awarded for Political Purposes
- January 15, 2009: What is The Miracle on the Hudson?
- January 14, 1973: Greatest Televised Concert in History (Admission Free!)
- List of cultural references in The Picture of Dorian Gray