A Brief History On January 10, 1776, the pamphlet Common Sense by American patriot Thomas Paine was published. This persuasive document was widely read by Americans, encouraged to declare independence from an overbearing British colonial government. Some books, pamphlets, manifestos, essays, and other written documents over the years have helped mold History. Today we list 12 of those important works. What other writings would you add to the list? Digging Deeper 1. Common Sense, Thomas Paine, 1776. Paine was a radical with little patience of tolerance of those that disagreed with him, and his forceful writings helped convince Americans to…
- 10 World Leaders that Committed Suicide
- Help Your Child to Be a Better Writer
- April 24, 2013: Chinese Authorities Try to Crush Ethnic Dissent
- Professional Summary on a Resume
- What the Heck is Dyngus Day?
- Everything You Need to Know About F1 Betting in 2019
- Is Timbuktu a Real Place?
- April 19, 2019: The Curse of La Llorona Movie Review (Creepy and Funny at the Same Time)